H 297 x W 210 mm
77 figures, 6 tables (colour throughout)
Published Oct 2023
This book investigate reuse of tombs in Eastern Arabia from the beginning of the Early Bronze Age until the end of the Sasanian period in order to understand the underlying purposes and social context of this practice.
2. Reusing tombs – the theoretical background
3. The mortuary monuments of Eastern Arabia
4. Reuse of tombs in Eastern Arabia from the Bronze Age to the beginning of the Islamic period
5. Modalities of reused tombs in Eastern Arabia
6. Why are tombs reused in Eastern Arabia?
7. Summary: the how, the who and the why