​​ We use cookies to enhance your experience on our site. By continuing to use the site you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy & Cookies.​

 
Archaeopress logo
Archaeopress Publishing Ltd, Summertown Pavilion, 18-24 Middle Way, Summertown, Oxford OX2 7LG, England
tel +44 (0) 1865 311914 fax +44 (0) 1865 512231   email: info@archaeopress.com
Monthly AP Alert - join our mailing list today Archaeopress on Facebook Archaeopress on Twitter Archaeopress on Linked In Archaeopress Blog
Home  
|
  Browse by Subject  
|
  Browse by Series  
|
  Catalogues  
|
  Join Our Mailing List  
|
  Visit Our Blog  
|
  Login (Private Customers)  
|
  Login (Institutional Subscriptions)  
|
  View Basket

Search

title, author, ISBN, keyword

Browse for books in the following languages

ARCHAEOPRESS ARCHAEOLOGY
ACCESS ARCHAEOLOGY
ARCHAEOPRESS JOURNALS
DISTRIBUTED
PUBLISHERS
DIGITAL EDITIONS
OPEN ACCESS PLATFORM
Ordering Information
About Us
Publish With Us
Standing Orders
Trade Sales
Contact Us
Request Review Copy

Georgian Archaeological Monographs

The Georgian Archaeological Monograph series is intended to provide a focal point for the publication of excavation reports, single and multi-authored research volumes, conference proceedings, and doctoral theses relating to all aspects of Georgian archaeology and cultural heritage. Submissions are also welcomed on topics relating to the archaeology of the wider Southern Caucasus, particularly fieldwork reports and research currently unavailable in English. The monograph series embraces the full spectrum of interdisciplinary contributions to our understanding of the archaeology of the Southern Caucasus including, but not limited to, historical research; excavation/ fieldwork; environmental/ biological/ artefactual analysis; and new scientific methods.

Lead Editor:
Dr Paul Everill, University of Winchester (Paul.Everill@winchester.ac.uk)

Editorial Board:
Ian Colvin, University of Cambridge
Prof. David Braund, University of Exeter
Prof Davit Lomitashvili, National Agency for Cultural Heritage Preservation of Georgia
Dr Besik Lortkipanidze, Georgian National Museum
Dr Nikoloz Murgulia, Georgian National Museum
Prof Michael Vickers, University of Oxford

Standing Order Ref: GAM
Request a standing order

FORTHCOMING: Nokalakevi – Archaeolopolis – Tsikhegoji: Archaeological Excavations 2011-2020. Georgian Archaeological Monographs . Book contents pageBuy Now

Please note this publication is currently in preparation and is not yet available to pre-order. Further details and pre-order information will be added in due course.

The ruins at the village of Nokalakevi, in rural west Georgia, were first identified as the Archaeopolis described by Byzantine chroniclers in the 1830s. The first exploratory excavations took place in the winter of 1930-31; but significant archaeological work didn’t begin until 1973 through the Simon Janashia Museum of Georgia. This work had to be scaled down following Georgian independence from the Soviet Union, and the subsequent civil unrest that characterised much of the 1990s. Three edited volumes were produced by Parmen Zakaraia in 1981, 1987 and 1992 which reported on the work in, 1973-1977; 1978-1982; and 1983-1989, respectively. The Anglo-Georgian Expedition to Nokalakevi (AGEN) first excavated at the site in 2001, utilising a British excavation/ recording methodology and enabling collaboration between British and Georgian specialists and students which continues to this day.
end of results